The number 40 has biblical significance as it often is seen in the scriptures as the time God selected in order to deeply transform and prepare people for what God had coming next. Noah’s life was transformed by 40 days of rain. Moses was transformed by 40 days on Mount Sinai and 40 years in the desert. The spies were transformed by 40 days in the Promised Land. David was transformed by Goliath’s 40 day challenge. Elijah was transformed when God gave him 40 days of strength from a single meal. The entire city of Nineveh was transformed when God gave the people 40 days to change. Jesus was empowered by 40 days in the wilderness. The disciples were transformed by 40 days with Jesus after his resurrection.
The very first church in history was launched in Jerusalem after 120 people gathered in an upper room for an intense seven day prayer meeting (Acts 1:13-14). As a result of that prayer meeting, the Holy Spirit was poured out on the disciples and 3,000 people received Christ and were baptized! (Acts 2:1-41).After that, the new church continued with great strength and impact as people were being saved daily (Acts 2:42-27). If all of that happened after a seven day prayer meeting, what could happen after a 40 day prayer meeting!!!
One hundred and twenty disciples prayed for seven days and saw 3,000 people saved. We don’t yet have 120 people with us at Grace City Church. But we do have over 20 disciples that are willing to pray hours a day for 40 days, which adds up almost the same thing as what happened in Acts. So why shouldn’t we also believe God for significant results? He has not changed.
With this in mind, Grace City Church will begin our ministry in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 3, 2012 with 40 Days of Prayer. This 40-day immersion in prayer will springboard us into what we believe will be an incredible season of unprecedented supernatural ministry.
- Sundays will include two, 90 minute corporate Worship-based, Word-fed prayer meetings and a prayer walk.
- Mondays through Thursdays will be six corporate, 8 hour, Word-fed, Spirit-led, Worship based Prayer Summits. Each week will have its own focus (Week #1: Praise; Week #2: Freedom Encounter, Week #3: Thanks, Week #4: Supplication, Week #5: Intercession week #6 Jericho Marches).
- Fridays and Saturdays will involve neighborhood prayer walks and house group prayer meetings.
Please pray for us.
- God will protect us from the evil one as we plow the ground and war in prayer.
- God will transform us and ready us for all He has in store for us Vegas.
- Like in Acts, God will give us a great outpouring of His Spirit that will also result in a great harvest of souls and the birth of a very strong, high-impact church.
Consider coming out and praying with us June 3 through July 12