In 1944 at the height of WWII, Germany and the Axis powers seemed to have an unbreakable grip on Europe. Yet, on June 6, 1944, the Allied Forces invaded Normandy in a massive military maneuver called Operation Overlord (The word overlord means “ruling Lord” and speaks of “one having great authority”). 3,500 Allied soldiers died i the first few days of intense fighting, but within two months the Allies had secured victory, freeing France from Germany. One year after D-Day, Germany surrendered.
Satan seems to have an unbreakable grip on the city of Las Vegas. Yet, in June 2012, Grace City Church will invade Las Vegas, Nevada in Operation Lord of Lords. God has called us to the mission of establishing an expanding outpost of the kingdom of God. We hope to partner with Jesus as He liberates captives from the enemy and establishes the culture of the empire of heaven into the daily lives of the citizens. We want to join Jesus in destroying the works of the evil one and forcing the enemy to surrender, thereby turning Sin City into Grace City.
Of course this is not a war to be fought with guns and bullets. It is a spiritual war. Our weapons are spiritual, and mighty to the demolition of satanic strongholds (Ephesians 6:12; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5).
- As Jesus coached us we will go as lambs among wolves, seek strategic persons of peace, pray for the sick, proclaim the kingdom of God, seek to serve, love god with everything we have and our neighbors, and live with childlike faith (Matthew 10:16; Luke 10:3; Luke 10:5-7; Luke 10:9; Mark 10:44-45; Matthew 22:37-39; 18:3-5; 19:14).
- Like Jehoshaphat, we intend to fight with fasting, prayer, faith, and plan to march into battle praising and thanking God as He sets ambushes for the enemy (2 Chronicles 20:3, 20-22).
- Like Joshua, we will prayer walk select places expecting God to knock down barriers (Joshua 6:1-5).
- Like the first church planting team in history, we will spent a week interceding in the upper room for a great outpouring of God’s Spirit (Acts 1:13-15).
- Like Nehemiah, we will see revival as we read the word. confess sin, and pledge obedience (Neh. 8:18-9:38)
Pray with us and for us as:
- We travel to Las Vegas (May 29-31)
- Set up our living spaces (June 1-2)
- Launch the Grace City House of Prayer (June 3)
- Prepare with 40 DAYS OF PRAYER (June 3- July 12)
- Intensely prayer walk the campus of UNLV (Aug. 19-26)
- Blitz UNLV with service, generosity, and worship (Aug 27-31)